No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
At Plymouth membership is important not only because it signifies your commitment to Plymouth Church but because being an active member allows you to participate fully by voting and serving on our Boards and Committees. Baptism is required because it is both God’s gift and our human response to that gift. At Plymouth and in the United Church of Christ people are baptized as children or adults (as we are all of different journeys.)
There are several different ways to join.
1. Confirmation. Confirmation Class is offered to our 8th graders. During Sunday School our confirmands learn about their faith tradition, discuss important spiritual questions, do service projects and create personal statements of faith. They have adult mentors throughout the whole process. At the end of the school year they choose whether they would like to join Plymouth officially or not.
2. Confession of Faith. For adults who would like to join Plymouth, but have not been baptized.
3. Reaffirmation of Faith. For adults who have been active at another church, but their membership there has lapsed.
4. Transfer. For adults who are currently active at another church and would like to transfer their membership to Plymouth.
5. Associate Membership. For those who would like to join Plymouth, but not sever their membership at their previous church. (Dual membership.)
Before joining Plymouth we ask that you participate in an orientation. These orientations are opportunities to get better acquainted with Plymouth and the UCC. Orientations are held three times a year in September, January and April. For more information and exact dates please call the church office at 785-843-3220.